Photos Of Britney Spears

The image “http://images.art.com/images/-/Britney-Spears--C10058482.jpeg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors. The image “http://thebosh.com/archives/upload/2006/03/Britney-Spear's--September.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Monday, May 12, 2008

Ashlee Simpson: 'Britney Spears is trashy'


ashradio.jpgAmericans - they just don't get Cockney rhyming slang, do they?

Still, it's not their fault. All they've seen is Benny Hill, Are You Being Served? and Don Cheadle in Ocean's Eleven.

And the latest American to fall to the Curse Of Not Understanding Cockney Rhyming Slang is Ashlee Simpson - who not only failed to understand a piece of that slang when interviewed in the UK recently, but put her big celebrity foot in it at the same time.

"In an interview the other day [on the Nokia Green Room], they asked me what I thought, 'You've had one too many Britney Spears' means," Ashlee told an American reporter. "I was like, 'What?' And they said it means you've had one too many beers. Without missing a beat, "I was like, 'Oh, you've had one too many trashy girls!"

Oops.

"I was like, 'Oh my God, I can't believe I just said that!" continued Ashlee. "It was really bad. I felt horrible."

Three words, Ash*. Horse. Stable. Bolted.









No comments: